Well, it is time to get to know a little more about my past.
I mostly grew up in Davis County Utah. I had several close friends through elementary and then several other different friends for high school. I had many great experiences and memories with all of them. Since then we have done some of the following: gone to college, received jobs, been married, served missions for our church. As I feel becomes common in life, we are slowly drifting apart due to location and our various positions in life.
Last night I had the great opportunity to spend some time with a few of them. We had a great time and lots of laughs and memories. It is funny to see both how much and how little we have changed.
What it made me realize was that true friendship has the potential of never ending. As long as negative feelings are not found between people;years later friendship can still be strong.
So, reach out to someone that you haven't talked to for a long time. Re-experience the friendship that you once had and do a better job at keeping in contact.
Good post Zach. I feel the same way. There are a lot of people that I used to be really good friends with that I just haven't been able to keep in good as contact with as I would like. We all have different circumstances in life that took us different places. I will definitely reach to somebody that I haven't for a while though. Thanks for the motivation.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I have always admired my Grandpa for keeping in contact with several friends he has had since his early twenties. This coming week I am getting together with a few of my favorite high school girl friends and I am excepted to share memories, catch up on life and strengthen our friendship. Thanks for reminding me of what a fantastic opportunity this get together truly is.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this! I know that I have had some of the same thoughts. Recently, I have been able to talk a lot with one of my best friends from high school. It’s a little difficult to coordinate times because I am from Pennsylvania, so she lives across the country, but it is definitely worth it!
ReplyDeleteI love how you said that friendships have the possibility of never ending, because that was something I was really worried about when I first came to college. All of my friends go to schools in or near Pennsylvania and I am in Utah, so I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to stay in touch with them. Luckily, it has been easier than I thought and I have been able to have a great time with them when I go home for break!